We're looking for a sewing/sample machinist, ideally with experience working with stretch fabrics and jersey. Should be comfortable with lockstitch, overlock and coverstitch machines. You will join a small friendly team in our studio in Hackney, East London. Full time and freelance opportunities are available, paying London Living Wage or more subject to experience (from £11.05/hour).
What we do
We are a small independent swimwear brand manufacturing all our own garments in house. We are now expanding our range to include sports and active wear.
We’ll soon be moving to a new 1500 sq/ft mixed-use retail/workspace offering design, sampling and small-run manufacturing services for private/white label clients along with producing our own garments.
About the role
Machines used: lockstitch, coverstitch, overlocker, flatlock, bartack
- Cut and sew different fabrics and make a complete garment for production
- Check finished work against pattern / instructions
- Change threads on machines
- Assist with sampling of new garments
An ideal candidate:
- Have accurate sewing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience with industrial sewing machines and ideally with stretch/jersey fabrics, but we can also provide training
- Have a strong visual eye
- Work as part of a team
- Machines used: Lockstitch, coverstitch, overlocker, flatlock, bartack
- Full time / Freelance
- We pay London Living Wage or more subject to experience (from £11.05/hour)
- Work on site in central Hackney, East London
- Flexible working hours if needed
Usual Objections is a member of 1% for the Planet and East End Trades Guild and we’re committed to being socially and environmentally positive. It is important that whoever joins our team feels valued, has an opportunity to use their voice, and learn and progress through the business. We want to create a culture that is welcoming, pushing boundaries and a fun place to be!
If you think this sounds right for you, get in touch - we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org